PADI ReActivate - SCUBA REFRESH
Haven't you been diving for a while and want to do a quick review? Before returning to diving, the ReActivate ™ program is the best way to update your skills and knowledge.
Whether you want a quick review or need to revise the basics, ReActivate is a personalized program: review diving concepts on your tablet, mobile device or computer, then dive with a PADI professional. It's quick and easy, and it's a good way to prepare for your next PADI course or your next diving vacation.
And the best thing is that, by completing the reviews of knowledge and skills, you will receive a replacement patent with the date of the ReActivate program.
All PADI divers who want to review or update before traveling should sign up for a ReActivate program. Dive centers appreciate the fact that you have a ReActivate date patent, because it indicates that you are ready to dive.
The new program allows divers who have not dived for some time to receive a replacement patent that shows the date of re-activation.
A diver can choose to complete the ReActivate program for any certification level, from the scuba diver to the more advanced levels, provided that the program includes training in the water.
The program includes:
- Knowledge review: it is completely digital and divers can choose between 2 options: ReActivate Touch, interactive for use on tablets and mobile devices - ReActivate Online - for use on personal computers.
- Water Skills Review: Before conducting water skills, the PADI professional should interview the diver. This serves to understand how comfortable the diver is and serves to discuss which techniques or skills they feel least prepared for and therefore wish to practice.
Diving skills can be conducted in both confined and open water and can be integrated into a single dive. The degree of judgment of the professional is fundamental on this point.
The skills to be conducted are:
- removal and repositioning of the mask
- neutral attitude and hovering
- emergency release of the ballast
- ascent with alternative air source, both as donor and recipient
- any other skills the diver wishes to practice or the professional deems necessary to review.
You will immerse yourself in underwater scenarios and make decisions that will serve to evaluate your understanding of important underwater safety concepts, the fundamentals of planning and problem management. With ReActivate proceed at your own pace and, if needed, deepen certain topics.
Once in the water, your PADI professional will help you regain comfort and safety on your dives. You will practice some safety-related skills, then review anything you specifically want to review.